The Electric Blog team looks forward to attending this year’s Canadian International Autoshow for the 3rd year running. We’ve come a long way since our first show in 2018, and still have a journey ahead. As our excitement builds, so do our hopes to see better, more future-forward forms of transportation.
What are we hoping to see at this year’s Autoshow? See below:
- Battery-electric pick-up truck: Now that Tesla has pushed the envelope, who else can keep up? (Watch: 2019 Searching for an Electric Truck)
- More BEV vehicles other than Tesla, available in sufficient quantities.
- Electric Highway: We know Petro Canada is building one, but are others doing something similar? We need to develop infrastructure for BEV’s nation-wide.
- Government presence: Will local, provincial and federal governments be there to support?
- 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E SUV | All-Electric & Exhilarating: It’s about time some of the traditional muscle cars start competing in more sustainable solutions.
- Polestar 2 : A sleek sedan for the whole family to get to where they want to go in speed and in style.
- Hummer Electric Truck: A great looking truck. It will be interesting to see the battery-to-weight distribution differential.
- An electric car similar in concept and design to what the makers of the e-Golf had in mind. An EV that has the appearance and feel of a more traditional car than one with too many bells, whistles, and entertainment systems.
- Sony Vision-S: We have devoted an entire blog on this fantastic-looking entertainment vehicle.
- Tesla Cybertruck: Futuristic and wonderfully forward-thinking design. A complete gamechanger.
- Mini-EV This seems like an obvious no-brainer. We know it’s coming. The question now is… when?
- Porsche Taycan and Mission-E: A sleek and cool-looking design with a bit of speed on the side.
- Mercedes-Benz EQC Crossover: The first electric SUV from Mercedes!
- AI and the rise of autonomous driving: The development of autonomous vehicles is not only fascinating on many levels (i.e. removing the driver from controlling the car, speeding up commuting times, moral elements involving sophisticated ethical decision-making) – it will revolutionize the future of driving. We look forward to seeing more.
We’ve compiled our hopes, dreams, and wishes for this year’s Autoshow. Now…what’s on your list?
This year’s Canadian International Autoshow takes place from February 14th-23rd 2020 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. Save the dates and get your tickets. We hope to see you there.
Stay tuned to The Electric Blog! for the latest on new EVs and the future of driving…